Overseas Students

Page Menu

As it continues to grow, overseas students will play an important role in the life of Immaculate Heart University. In return, with its quiet rural setting, but with easy access to the major cities in the area, Immaculate Heart offers the opportunity to concentrate on study and the chance to explore facets of Japanese life rarely seen by visitors.

For overseas students, there are intensive courses in Japanese at all levels throughout the year. For more advanced students, many of the regular classes in such areas as Social Studies, History and Culture would also be available. Overseas students may also join specialized classes in English if they wish.

Please refer to the separate course outline brochure for details.
Immaculate Heart University accepts overseas students in the following categories:

  • Overseas Students
  • Overseas Students

1. Degree Students.

Students are accepted into the first year and study for four years at this university graduating with a Bachelor's degree. Students residing in Japan take an interview, and students residing overseas must give proof of Japanese proficiency. In both cases entrance can be either in April or October.

Persons wishing to apply must meet at least one of the following requirements:

A. Graduation from high school
B. Completion of twelve years of formal education
C. Certification of highs school equivalency in accordance with criteria established by the Japanese Ministry of Education.

2. Non-Degree Students

Non-degree students are those who enroll for one or two semesters. They will already been enrolled in a college in another country and usually have the permission and guidance of their college in applying to study at Immaculate Heart University.

3. Japanese Students Who Have Studied Abroad

Japanese applicants who have studied outside of Japan and as a result feel that they have a handicap in taking the regular Japanese entrance examinations may be allowed to take a special examination. Admission is to first year only.

4. Transfer Students

A special examination is given to prospective transfer students from other universities or colleges (which may be either Japanese or foreign). Such students must spend at least two years enrolled at this university.

Students with fewer than two years of residence in their previous universities may have to enter as freshmen or sophomores. The Faculty to which the applicant applies will evaluate which credits taken at previous institutions will be recognized.

5. Research Students

With the permission of the Faculty to which the applicant applies, persons may be admitted for one year, and study under the directions of one of the faculty.

For further information write to the Office of Student Affairs.
The Faculty of International Studies has student exchange agreements or credit exchange agreements with the following universities and colleges:

  • Australian Catholic University (Australia)
  • Providence University (Taiwan)
  • Nankai University (China)
  • Viterbo University (U.S.A.)
  • Université Catholique de l'Ouest (France)
  • Gonzaga University (U.S.A.)
  • Tam Kang University (Taiwan)
  • Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages (Taiwan)


Copyright (C) Kagoshima Immaculate Heart University